Tuesday, February 1, 2011

White cotton, check. Blood, check. Noooo, surely that's not the metaphor she was going for...



Lady GaGa is exactly what she strives to be, an enigma. I mean, I guess she's talented, but her over-the-top antics seem too contrived. After a while, they become originality's antagonist and it gets annoying. At first, especially before Alexander McQueen decided to check himself out, her costumes built her mystique. Then he hung himself, she tried to continue, unsuccessfully might I add, and it simply hasn't been the same(see meat dress). I find her music hit or miss. She can sing without a doubt. When I'm with my gay friends in the club it's awesome, but then again, so is Cher, since that's the only two artists ever played. I don't know, I just think she's kind of fading into sad reality of every pop star's worst nightmare, apathy and anonymity. Speaking of apathy, I don't really care either way what happens to her career, but I can't imagine paying the exorbiant prices she asks for her concert tickets while she goes on stage dressed as a menstrual cycle.

1 comment:

MeganAnn said...

case and point: the grammys. total madonna knock off. like many novelty items, she didn't last long.