Monday, February 22, 2010

Darrell Green

Darrell Green was a speedster corner in the NFL for 20 years. The video below shows him running a 4.2 40 yard dash at 40 years old.



Well, not to be outdone by his former self, Green ran a 4.43 40 on his 50th birthday. I coulnd't run a 4.4 to the refridgerator. Here is the article from the Redskins Insider:

Darrell Green turns 50 with a burst of speed

What's the best way to celebrate turning 50? Stuffing your face full of cake and washing it down with a microbrew? Warning your loved ones not to hug your brittle bones too tightly? Making out a will?

Not if you're Darrell Green, the Redskins' Pro Football Hall of Famer who was known for his energy and age-defying speed (he won the NFL's Fastest Man competition four times) when he played. He turned 50 Monday and, apparently, hasn't lost much of a step since his retirement after the 2002 season.

He told the story of his celebration on Twitter (@darrellgreen28):

Quick update from the Birthday Boy :) I think today I became the fastest 50 year old in the world! @9AM today, I celebrated my 50th BDay.....

By running the 40 yard dash in Orlando, Florida in a time of 4.43! FYI, all born between 1946 -1964 are baby boomers...

I'm guessing that makes me the fastest baby boomer! I would say, thats really booming. Are you?

No comments: