Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I never saw this coming...



Crystal Magnum, famous for falsely accusing several Duke lacrosse players of rape, is now facing multiple charges for assaulting her boyfriend.
And of course, by assaulting, we mean she threatened to stab him and burned his clothes.

Her bond was set at $1 million. Mangum has been appointed a public defender and is scheduled to appear in court on Feb. 22.

Police charged her with attempted first-degree murder, five counts of arson, assault and battery, communicating threats, three counts of misdemeanor child abuse, injury to personal property, identity theft and resisting a public officer.

To begin, I blame Duke lacrosse players for hiring a stripper this hideous. I was in college. Even in the worst places, even the most hole-in-the-wall strip clubs have one decent stripper. Next, I blame a multitude of people that were looking to ruin the lives of some priviledged educated silver spooned kids based on the fraudulent accusations of a skanky gold-digging stripper. Some people believe in fate...I'm not sure I believe in that, but I am sure someone that shows repeated propensities for illegal behavior, finally got what she deserves. Fulfilling the most ironic story of 2010, it seems as if the book is being thrown at her. In a related story, I couldn't be happier.

No comments: