Monday, October 20, 2008

My million dollar television...




So if you were to enter the Delorian and utilize the flux capacitor to take us back three years, you would find me wandering the mecca of dorkdom which is Best Buy looking for a way to spend 5 thousand dollars. The sad part of spending that kind of money on a television is you realize that after buying it, you have to watch an amazing amount of television in order to not feel cheated. So, it's a double whammy:
1. I just gave myself another excuse to skip the gym and waste hours of my life watching the tube.
2. I spent 5 grand on something that has literally 9,000,000 electronic parts.
How do I know this you ask? Well over the course of the last few months, I began to notice the colors changing. Shows that were once vivd and alive were now morphing into Shrek marathons as everything had a yellowish green hue. It apparently had been happening so gradually and so long that I didn't even notice the changes; however, every guest that comes to the house can't wait to point out my misfortune. After doing some research on the Sony SXRD 60" TV, I discovered that all of these particular TV's were having problems with the optical block. So many in fact, that there is an active class action lawsuit and Sony is replacing them all for no charge. Unfortunately for me, I had already replaced the bulb for no reason...250.00...bend me over again. The repair guy came over and had my TV in 2000 pieces within 45 minutes. I was convinced that without divine intervention, it would never be put back together. I was wrong. He turned the TV back on and the color was brilliant! Except now every word or ticker or scoreboard is crooked. Noticeably crooked. So, he has to come back and replace another optical block. Lucky for me, he's on vacation for two weeks. These are the days of my life...

1 comment:

Chris Miller said...

Trey - Awesome blog so far. This reinforces why I love you in a 100% non-gay manner. Not that I have a problem with the gays...this is simply a very macho love between two consenting, non-gay, gorgeous, mountain men. BTW...did you know "macho" is short for machismo. I would like to be known as Machismo from now on...seriously.....Chris is boring. Machismo makes it sound like I could be a Mexican wrestler if I wanted to.