Thursday, December 4, 2008

UT just increased their fan base...



I've already jumed out of the proverbial plane without a parachute on the Georgia Bulldogs. I stopped pulling for them in Jax and I'll never go back there even if I still live there. I understand that 9-3-10-3 is a great season, but not when you consistently have access to premiere facilities, robust history, and warm weather to pull in world class athletes. Yet year after year, I either leave JAX disappointed, or I'm disappointed by another game. This would be easier to swallow with passion from a coach. Instead of his blank look of apathy on the sidelines in JAX down by 40, show the stadium you don't like to lose. I've had it with the contrictory apathetic approach to leadership. I'd rather have less talent and be surprised by what the coach can get out of them than be subjected to phenom recruiting every year and losing three games. So, where does that leave me? I'll tell you after the recent news of Lane Kiffin in Knoxville and the superb assistants he's bringing in, I think Im going Rocky Top. Well, to be completely honest, it's more because there's a slim chance I might get to sit beside his smoking wife if I go to the games.

Down in the Tennessee hills....


1 comment:

KKTHOMSON said...

what about the razorbacks... i hear someone in top consideration for o-line has one smoking hot lady friend... and she will for sure let you sit next to her at games! (plus going 1-6 in the sec only has room for improvement)... or you could be the '07 gophers and go 1-11 including losing to a D3 team!