Thursday, July 8, 2010

Great...just great.

A new study has found that an overwhelming amount of sunscreens on the market contain an ingredient that speeds cancerous cell growth. That's right: sunscreen might cause cancer, the very thing people lather it on to protect themselves from.

According to that study, nearly half of the 500 most popular sunscreens may actually increase the speed at which malignant cells develop and spread skin cancer such as melanoma.

Just when I I had a reason to be pale as a ghost. Honest to God, if you wear sunscreen, cancer. If you don't wear sunscreen, sunburn, then cancer. It's like the American Academy of Dermatologists all got together and decided to play a cruel and masochistic joke on me. I'm not laughing. After all, I thought pale was the new tan...if that was true, I was really really really tan.

I'll leave you with a scene from the movie I starred in from 1995. I played a genuine white face...no makeup!

No comments: