Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's not too late, Taylor, please apologize.



It's taken me a few days to regain my hearing after the howling pack of wolves a.k.a. singers/entertainers took the stage at the AMA's. I've wanted to comment, but it was literally too painful to endure. Where have singers disappeared to? Seriously. Say what you want, but when Elvis, The Beatles, Elton John, Billy Joel, Frank Sinatra, took/take the stage, you knew you were at least going to get artists that could hit a note and stay on key. This video of Taylor Swift, the highest selling artist of 2010, sounds like someone is murdering her. Honestly, I can say I've never seen a live performance this badly performed. I'm a marginal singer, but I'm convinced I could be less pitchy than this. Ironically, Taylor mixes Timbaland's "Apologize" into the middle of her song, "Back to December," and boy, was an apology ever needed. She should actually forgo the apology and just send my cochlear implants after that torture. It's obvious how well a studio, auto tune and other technology can make someone sound when you hear live versions of ridiculously successful artists like Taylor Swift sound so heinous. Also, can someone please send her an email and tell her to get her veneers replaced. Apparently, she went to the same cosmetic dentist that Hillary Duff, Gary Busey and Matt Dillon's character from Something About Mary went to. When I was 6 years old and my parents and I would leave The Golden Corral Steakhouse, I would beg my father for a quarter for Chicklet gum. Little did I know, 26 years later, I would be watching Taylor Swift and have the sudden urge for both The Golden Corral and Chicklet gum. Nice Teeth. Hope they win.
...

No comments: