Friday, November 21, 2008

103 years later, he's right...i guess...if you say so.


After 103 years of furious scribbling while trying to prove Einstein's theory of "special relativity," a handful of world renowned physicists from France, Germany, and Austria, with some help from the world's most elite computational supercomputers, have finally proven E=MC^2. I just reread that sentence and I'm lost. What the f&%* is a computational supercomputer? How does it take modern day scientists with supercomputer help 103 years to prove something a highschool dropout with hippie hair did for fun. If I were Albert Einstein, I would've probably killed myself because can you imagine how stupid he thought people were. Common everyday activities like proving Thurston's geometrization conjecture...I mean...like going to dinner with friends must have been torture.

Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia on his childhood. I bet he never got picked on, or shoved in a locker, or been given a wedgie, or got his books knocked out of his hands, or thumped in the ear....wait, what...that didn't happen to me?!?!?!

"In 1889, family friend Max Talmud, a medical student,[9] introduced the ten-year-old Einstein to key science, mathematics, and philosophy texts, including Kant's Critique of Pure Reason and Euclid's Elements (Einstein called it the "holy little geometry book").[9] From Euclid, Einstein began to understand deductive reasoning, and by the age of twelve, he had learned Euclidean geometry. Soon thereafter he began to investigate infinitesimal calculus."

Did that just say he mastered Geometry at 12 and moved on to infinisstitntkhdkmal calqueless? Holy Shit!

here's the article, if you dorks are interested.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081120/sc_afp/sciencephysicseinstein_081120235605#full

**In my obvious excitement and haste, I forgot to send my shout out and I melevolently still didn't remember, but that's would my readers do...they remind me of their greatness.**

Thanks Boss...my apologies. You too, Whit, for the rapper article.

1 comment:

CJ Hurley said...

when i send you an article of this quality, you gotta send me a shout out in your post...im just saying