Thursday, November 6, 2008

5 Things I Loathe About College Football

The Band


Let's face it. No one in the stadium, except for parents of the band members care about 250 people marching in unison. The Third Reiche is over. Go get a hot dog. Also, why do majorettes always wear knee braces and eat too much? Is this a contact sport I didn't know about? Stay in the stands and blow your horns when our team gets a first down or scores.

Fat/Walking Dead Coaches




If you're an dynamic, expolosive 18 year old African-American athlete, why on earth would you go to a school where the coach is an 80 year old white guy with no ability to relate to you. It's especially annoying when he's only staying in the game to chase another 80 year old white guy on the all-time win list. If you're an athlete of any race and someone like the walking refridgerator above comes into your house, would you let him in despite the chances of him dying of a massive heart attack on your couch?

The Always Awkward High Five


Is this ever done with grace and athleticism? NO. Never. If your hand goes up to meet another in an enthusiastic celebration, it almost always has FAIL written all over it.

The Ohio State

I cannot watch this Weak/Small/Slow Ten team lose another national championship game in blowout fashion. I'm so tired of the BCS lovefest, the Gameday/Herbstreit lovefest, and the middle America lovefest. This team is not good outside their conference. It's to the point where I almost feel sorry for them and their fans.

ESPN Colleege Gameday


Are people really getting up to watch these clowns? This show is such a joke for so many reasons. Mainly, the hosts...wait, especially, the hosts. I can't live another day if I have to endure someone tell me some urban legend about how one of their best friend's sister's friend's cousin slept with Herbstreit.
Even though I skip this stupidity, I'm forced to watch that moron, Corso, on 41 repeats of Sportscenter, reach under the desk for some moronic hat/hemlet/mask etc and act like a bumbling idiot. I can't take it...seriously.
Also, ESPN refuses to choose a gameday site that doesn't coincide with their broadcast. Gameday may be there for hyped up BYU/Boise St, meanwhile the whole country is tuned in to the real game, #1 vs #2. God I hate ESPN.

I hate ESPN, Stuart Scott, and I despise Chris Berman. His lettuce, what's left of it, is horrid. His played out catch phrases he's been using for nearly 20 years are not funny. I cannot stand to look at his khaki pants and his green sportcoats. This isn't the Master's winner. Stuart Scott tried his hardest to bring "street" to ESPN and ironically, Lou Holtz is more "street" than that guy. His wank eye he got from missing a football from a Jugs gun creeps me out. Yo, Stu...bro, the glasses don't help. OMG I hate this network! I have nothing left to say about these idiots. How is this network successful, seriously?

1 comment:

CJ Hurley said...

dude, i think you stole the comment on gameday from my brain. What a bunch of retards.....on another note check my new quote, i submitted it to 4 running magazines, maybe ill get in....