Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Now we're talking...



Chestica Simpson can wear things like this and make everyone forget either, how poorly dressed she was in those high waisted jeans, or how much weight she had gained. I bet she hasn't eaten or drunk since then, but if you have a body like this, you have a responsibility to maximize its potential. Wearing high waisted mom jeans is not fullfilling that responsibility. Untalented pop stars like Simpson need to learn to "get it" like Britney, Shakira, Beyonce, and Taylor Swift "get it." They know their target audience and appease them with their unsaid requests. Beyonce's audience, they want a big ass and legs. Taylor Swift's audience of young girls, they want cowboy boots and songs about being 15 years old. Shakira's audience, they want Latin beats and Espanol latent lyrics. Britney, they want sex and she delivers better than anyone. The major problem is that Simpson's audience wants all of these things. That's why she hasn't "found herself" as an artist. If she would give up on ballads, dump her disturbing, doofus, dad as her manager, and join the Britney train, she would sell out everywhere. The problem is, she can't act at all, and she can't fit in the music industry regardless of country, pop, or adult contemporary because she has no guidance or identity. That's what happens when you become famous for being famous. Reality TV doesn't always equal success. Nonetheless, Chestica, do us all a favor. Until you figure out your career path, you'll maintain your notoriety by dressing like a slut in a country and western bar.

4 comments:

PLF III said...

Might want to check with Mac on "drunk". I would have used "drank" being that "drunk" is a participle, but who am I to question....

Trey said...

Although I appreciate your grammatical assessment, I was working under the premise that "hasn't" applies to both verbs, only separated by the word or. If I had used drunk before eaten, I know it's right. Unless some unique grammar rule applies, I am right, irrespective of your cantankerous grammar policing. For your appeasement, I'm going to make it double right.

Trey said...

After further investigation, I am right. I refuse to change it to be further correct. Being the intrinsic, literary savant that I am, I am more concerned with the absence of "nor" being coupled with the hasn't, as opposed to the "or." I'm just not sure if the contraction hasn't is the negative equivalent of neither. I think it is, but for sake of admitting to mistakes, I refuse to succumb to the urges and correct. Anyone...anyone?

PLF III said...

This doesnt even warrant a response, however, I refuse to grant you the privilege of having the last word, therefore, bite me.