Tuesday, September 29, 2009

What an amazing treat...



For those who haven't experienced Vortex in Atlanta GA, I offer you a challenge if you ever go. Served at both locations, Little Five Points and Midtown, the Double Coronary Bypass Burger is one of the most amazing guilty pleasures you'll ever experience. It's the best 13 dollars I've ever spent. Here it is:

One-half pound of sirloin with lettuce and onion, topped with 4 slices of American cheese, 5 strips of bacon, and 2 fried eggs. Probably because you wouldn't survive the whole ordeal, the mayo is thankfully served on the side. Instead of buns, however, The Double Coronary is served between TWO GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES.

I know that sounds intimidating, but after a night of drinking, or a day of drinking for that matter, nothing hits the spot like this American culinary masterpiece. Don't be too scared though because the last time I had one, I didn't eat for three weeks...true story.

In a related story, if you're overweight, I'm sure you don't know this, but drinking Diet Coke will NOT offset this massive caloric intake.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just had massive diarrhea looking at that thing. I'm gonna need a floor vac, or even a 10k to flush this out