Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Here Government, take more of my money. You invest it so much better than I do.



So, Bank of America acquires Merrill Lynch, absorbs bad Countrywide loans, and then gets nearly 140 billion in Gov't aid and guarantees against bad assets. I'm not an economist. I'm no Ben Graham. I don't even use my checkbook register, but I can tell this with absolute certainty: Spending 140 billion to bail out a company worth 20 billion is idiotic. The money we've paid into this corperate bail out won't be repaid to our children's children. How is this a good investment? People on Wall Street would laugh if this deal were introduced to them, but yet we're expected to absorb superfluous debt and greed with our hard earned money and not question where or to whom it goes. If you're not angry, you're not only not paying attention, you're an idiot.

No comments: