Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sphere denied MRI


When a 5-foot, 275-pound woman found out she had a tumor on her spine, she was told by her local hospital to go the zoo to have a MRI because a regular MRI machine could not hold her weight, myfoxkc.com reported.

Carolyn Ragan told the television station she discovered the tumor two years ago and, after the hospital told her she could not use their MRI machine, a medical assistant said he would help her find a solution.

“So he suggested the Kansas City Zoo,” Ragan said. “I thought, I know I’m big, but I’m not as big as an elephant. And my husband got mad.”

The University of Kansas Hospital would not comment on Ragan’s claim, but said its MRI department does not know of any animal MRI in the Kansas City area that would scan a human.

Ragan’s problem was two-fold: She was too heavy for the table and too wide to slide through the opening.

OMG!! 5'0" 275lbs? Is that really humanly possible? With all puns and cliches aside, she's as wide as she is tall. I bet her weight problem started with her thyroid or pituitary imbalance. Wait, I bet it's genetic. Actually, I think it started when she began two fisting Cold Stone Creamery with Supreme Pizza toppings. I wonder what she sees when she goes into the funhouse at the carnival and stands in front of the mirror that turns you into a midget? Does the opposite happen for her? Does she become tall and skinny. Hmmmm...doubt it.

Jen, stop sending me these. I'm serious.

No comments: