Monday, April 27, 2009

The gift of both the teleprompter and humility...



The paperback version of Reid's book, "The Good Fight," is coming out May 5 with an epilogue called "The Obama Era." Reid said he was impressed when Obama, then a freshman senator from Illinois, delivered a speech about President George W. Bush's war policy.

Reid, D-Nev., writes: "'That speech was phenomenal, Barack,' I told him. And I will never forget his response. Without the barest hint of braggadocio or conceit, and with what I would describe as deep humility, he said quietly: 'I have a gift, Harry.'"

When I read this I thought it might be sensationalized by a Republican, but then I noticed it was Harry Reid, so I knew it had to be true. Political ideologies aside, this guy can't say anything about Bush being arrogant. Despite the nauseating feeling I get when I read stories like this, this one kind of makes me laugh. Reid saying "Obama replied without without the barest hint of braggadocio or conceit..." Seriiously? No conceit? I don't know about you, but that's not exactly how I would describe this incident.

No comments: